Lubbock & West Texas Active Adults
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lubbock & West Texas Active Adults

Especially but not exclusively for those over 30 trying to get into or stay in shape. Discuss bicycle riding and cycling issues, golf, body-building, whatever

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hello..............

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hello.............. Empty Hello.............. Tue May 18, 2010 12:31 pm

ElAlacran

Hey, house. (Is there an echo in here?) Well, I am right around where middle age turns to old age and am fighting it. I don't exercise as much as I ought to, and don't diet at all, though I do stay away from red meat, grease, and fast food. Also processed foods, but I'm not religious about it.

I walk 8-10 miles a week, rarely up to 20 miles/week, ride a bicycle from 10-30 miles/week, very rarely as much as 100 miles, and lift light weights for high reps.

The past 3-4 months, I have gotten more serious about the weights, spacing out workouts on muscle groups to give them time to rest and grow, supersetting exercises, and hitting problem areas like the hams, back, biceps, and delts. Maybe I'll post my training split, once I have one. Twisted Evil

Health-wise, my blood pressure has been increasing. Guess I need to cut out the salt I pour onto my food and the potato chips (oh, no!). I have some shoulder pain connected to working the delts hard, and my right shoulder has a catch in it too often. I don't take prescription meds, sometimes aspirin, no tylenol and rarely ibuprofen. I do have a layer of fat in the lower abdomen and around the belt-line. Could stand to lose about 10 lbs, but that is not critical.

My objectives are to gain muscle mass in the hamstrings, vastus medialis, lats, traps, neck, and spinal erectors. Also to get fit enough for some middle-distance bike rides this summer, of 40-70 miles.

That's about it.

2Hello.............. Empty Howdy Wed May 19, 2010 9:53 pm

Durwood

I knew the old wtcycling site was down but I didn't know it was gone until last night. It is a shame because so many riders used it. anyhow glad to see something out there now.

Durwood Mayfield
BikeTexas Field Instructor
League Certified Instructor #1780
Director of Advocacy West Texas Cycling Assn.
Lubbock, Texas
806-543-(BIKE) 2453
durwood@biketexas.org
www.biketexas.org

3Hello.............. Empty I'm Here! Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:52 pm

lcgp

Remember sanity is only a state of mind,sorta! lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum