Lubbock & West Texas Active Adults

Especially but not exclusively for those over 30 trying to get into or stay in shape. Discuss bicycle riding and cycling issues, golf, body-building, whatever

You are not connected. Please login or register

Disillusioned Floyd Fan

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Disillusioned Floyd Fan on Tue May 18, 2010 5:50 pm

"Say it waren't so, Floyd!"

Even months after Landis' 2006 "win" at the TdF, I remained a Floydfan and used the thought of his ride at Stage 16 in order to dig deeper during my own rides.

I had hopes that Floyd would prove that the 2006 TdF was no fluke, or drug-aided performance. Unfortunately, things have not gone well for Floyd. Divorce, bankruptcy, less than stellar rankings in less than stellar races.

Don't know how he placed in the Tour of the Gila ending May 2, but he was not exactly challenging the leaders. I sure wanted him to blow by Lance.

View user profile

2 Re: Disillusioned Floyd Fan on Wed May 19, 2010 12:02 am

I know how you feel. I started to become a Floyd fan watching hime hammer on the front leading Lance up the mountains of the TDF. That was just a massive display of wattage, and the way he thinned the pack down to the most elite proved it.

I think getting back to that top level in any sport is very difficult, though not impossible. After all the aversity, you have to think that alot of it may well be mental.

I was scheduled to race at Gila, but a crash resulted in injury that took me off the bike for 5 weeks. I was looking forward to seeing Floyd and the other big names there. Oh well, maybe next year.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum