Lubbock & West Texas Active Adults
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lubbock & West Texas Active Adults

Especially but not exclusively for those over 30 trying to get into or stay in shape. Discuss bicycle riding and cycling issues, golf, body-building, whatever

You are not connected. Please login or register

Howdy, y'all!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Howdy, y'all! Empty Howdy, y'all! Mon May 17, 2010 10:40 pm

Admin

Admin

I am beginning this forum partly out of frustration.

There used to be a pretty good forum at wtcycling.com called the "Caprock Multi-Sport Club." That organization some time ago bit the dust. But its forum continued as the best Lubbock area clearing house of information about cycling, especially mountain biking, until several months ago, when Broadway Bikes began their own forum. Unfortunately, except for certain events of interest to the riders at Broadway Bikes and TTU students, there is a lack of local cycling information on the internet. Minimal literate discussion and give and take.

The Ride of Silence is scheduled for the evening of Wednesday, May 19, 2010. Probably, if we have one, it will take place from a staging area at the park at Brownfield Highway and Frankford Avenue at 7:00. But there is nothing posted about this that I have found. Presumably someone, Durwood perhaps, will release the information to the Avalanche-Journal newspaper, who will print in the Tuesday or Wednesday edition.

I like to read about and discuss activities like riding bicycles, hitting golfballs, or lifting weights. I like to discuss and vent, to compare experiences and notes. Perhaps you do too. That is why I am starting this forum.

This is my first time constructing a forum. The interface makes it easy, but I am sure there will be problems here and there. Please be patient. For comments, drop me a message or post the problem of question.

So. Enjoy, and exercise your rights of free thought and speech, subject always to the rules. Very Happy

Last edited by Admin on Thu May 20, 2010 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

https://lbkactives.forummotion.com

2Howdy, y'all! Empty Who is the Admin? Mon May 17, 2010 11:40 pm

Admin

Admin

I am a Lubbock, Texas, native, somewhat more than a half century of age, who has been in the process of discovering my inner athlete before I croak from old age or otherwise. I believe very strongly in the benefits of exercise and physical activity.

Never learned to ride a bicycle until October, 2005. Still a nervous and unskilled rider, but I try.

https://lbkactives.forummotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]