Lubbock & West Texas Active Adults
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lubbock & West Texas Active Adults

Especially but not exclusively for those over 30 trying to get into or stay in shape. Discuss bicycle riding and cycling issues, golf, body-building, whatever

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ride of Silence

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ride of Silence Empty Ride of Silence Tue May 18, 2010 4:22 pm

ElAlacran

What as happened to Lubbock's annual Ride of Silence? Is there going to be one? When will we find out?

Here is newspaper coverage of the one back in 2007: http://www.lubbockonline.com/stories/051707/loc_051707029.shtml Then, notice of the ride was posted on the Caprock Multi-Sport website (now gone to that place of deleted electrons in the sky) and in the newspaper ahead of time.

The national Ride of Silence website, http://www.rideofsilence.org/main.php, shows a time and place in other Texas cities including Amarillo, Midland, Tyler and so on, but nothing for Lubbock. Has someone dropped the ball, I mean handlebar?

Anyway, there probably will be a Ride of Silence in Lubbock, 7:00 p.m., May 19, probably at Frankford & Brownfield Hwy. Guess the info is passed by word of mouth.

Last edited by ElAlacran on Tue May 18, 2010 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Ride of Silence Empty Mystery? Tue May 18, 2010 4:40 pm

ElAlacran

Part of the mystery is how the forum at Broadway Bikes seems to be closed. I thought I had an account there, but am not recognized, there is no place to register, and nothing whatever posted about the Ride of Silence.

You would think the Lubbock Bicycle Club website--which is rather cute, with sponsors and links--would have something about it, but it doesn't. And posting is closed to non-members.

Seems that local cyclists want to be really quiet about the Ride of Silence.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum