Lubbock & West Texas Active Adults
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lubbock & West Texas Active Adults

Especially but not exclusively for those over 30 trying to get into or stay in shape. Discuss bicycle riding and cycling issues, golf, body-building, whatever

You are not connected. Please login or register

Break Down the Walls; A Personal Creedo

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Break Down the Walls; A Personal Creedo Empty Break Down the Walls; A Personal Creedo Tue May 18, 2010 9:45 am

Admin

Admin

Exercise is not something you do at a gym or in a fixed place or at a fixed time. It is not separate from everyday life.

The compartmentalization of our lives is literally killing us, with a shamefully high incidence of overweight, obesity, diabetes, and heart disease. While two to three billion of the world's population scramble to find enough to eat, we in America are eating and drinking ourselves to death.

An Asian or African coming to America for the first time is typically shocked by the bloated creatures that waddle along our streets, as though we are some new and different species of human. (Well, we are!)

95% of obesity and overweight is a matter of a series of choices made, and remade, every day. A lifestyle that has become perverted and biologically unsustainable.

Back in the early 1960s, I lilked to read articles in the Reader's Digest about ways to exercise at one's desk, while working, or while taking a short break from working. Nearly 50 years later, I exercise this way, doing crunches against the desk and chair arms, knee raises, leg raises, lifting small weights at the computer. And I walk. As a part of daily work and life, I walk, to the bank, to the post office, even to grocery stores and Wal-Mart. Exercising at your desk or against the countertop in your kitchen is a first step toward liberation. Our goal: to break down the compartment walls that separate our daily lives from exercise and to make activities an ordinary part of daily living.

https://lbkactives.forummotion.com

ElAlacran

I have kitchen exercises and bathtub exercises.

Kitchen exercises include 35 degree pushups against the countertop, which includes a calf stretch, lateral crunches against the countertop, and then standing crunches against a stool.

Bathtub exercises are reverse shrugs with arms straight and hands grasping the edges of the tub (moving the shoulder girdle downward), quad exercises assisted by arms supportign some of the weight, fast crunches lying in the bottom of the tub, neck exercise raising the upper body with the neck muscles, and partial hamstring curls with feet on the edge of the tub.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum