Lubbock & West Texas Active Adults
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lubbock & West Texas Active Adults

Especially but not exclusively for those over 30 trying to get into or stay in shape. Discuss bicycle riding and cycling issues, golf, body-building, whatever

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bobcat's Blogs

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bobcat's Blogs Empty Bobcat's Blogs Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:02 pm

ElAlacran

Roadbike Review pulled the plug on the blogs several weeks ago, without, as far as I know, any warning. Few of us used them; I was the only one who posted there over several years.

Being vain enough to think that some of my writing is worth saving, here to follow are some that I have recovered, thank's to Google's caching feature.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, November 7, 2009 at 05:34 PM

The World Lance Hath Made

So there I was, circling Canyon Lake #5, trying to recondition an out-of-shape pair of legs, recovering after an uphill sprint, when I heard a noise, a swishing sound.

Then a cyclist passed me, nothing unusual in that; the years have taught me that my place in life is to get passed. But this time, the passer was about 9-10 years old, aboard a road bike fitted to him. And he was decked out in full cyclist's kit.

He was also followed by a car, from which parental eyes watched carefully.

Feeling stronger, I followed closely but not too closely. No point in threatening the kid's ego or in trying to boost mine by passing him.

But think. How remarkable that a little kid would be that involved in ... cycling. We are not talking about football or soccer or little league baseball but ... CYCLING!

What wonders hath Lance wrought?

What greater wonders are to come?

2Bobcat's Blogs Empty Re: Bobcat's Blogs Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:03 pm

ElAlacran

Tuesday, July 6, 2010 at 08:12 AM

Dirty Old Men! -- and Women!!

There's an STD increase in us older folks: http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6652HP20100706

I am not clear whether the rate is higher among the over-50 set, or if the rate of increase is higher, than among teens and post teens. Methinks it is a higher rate of increase, though the article says otherwise.

[Doubtless the reporter did not study his calculus, which is why he became a reporter and not an engineer or scientist or math teacher. "Rate" is not the same thing as "rate of increase."]

Anyway, be nice to old folks. Give yore daddy and granddaddy a condom for Father's Day, and a whole box for xmas and his birthday.

He'll appreciate the thought. Condoms are not as appreciated as Rogaine, but are much more flattering.

And have a talk with your dad about safe sex. The one he never got around to having with you.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum