Lubbock & West Texas Active Adults
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lubbock & West Texas Active Adults

Especially but not exclusively for those over 30 trying to get into or stay in shape. Discuss bicycle riding and cycling issues, golf, body-building, whatever

You are not connected. Please login or register

Flabby Underarms? Try Pullovers!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Flabby Underarms?  Try Pullovers! Empty Flabby Underarms? Try Pullovers! Mon May 23, 2011 5:18 pm

ElAlacran

For some reason I've always liked pullovers. They're fun, exercising chest and triceps and lats and give a good burn to the triceps that makes you feel you've had a workout.

Used to be they were recommended for expanding the chest of those whose bones are still growing. You would lift into the pullover and take a deep breath at the same time. This is supposed to expand the rib cartilage for a larger and deeper chest.

The classic way to do a dumbell pullover is by lying crossways across a weight bench with your upper back supported, then grasping the dumbell securely in both hands and the elbows slightly bent, lower the weight and raise it to a position a little short of vertical.

I like to use a delined bench and a triceps curl bar. Or a light dumbbell held in one hand as I lie in a bed or on a sofa. I may lift a light weight for high reps, 50-100 per hand. It's nice to feel the pull of muscles on the ribs as I do this.

And yes, the exercise tones the triceps and lat especially up high near the armpit, where a lot of us tend to sag.

2Flabby Underarms?  Try Pullovers! Empty Re: Flabby Underarms? Try Pullovers! Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:08 pm

ElAlacran

Triceps kickbacks are usually advised for tightening saggy underarms.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum